One such design idea is to use maps! It’s a classic yet funky way to broaden your decor horizons. Have you thought about how you could use them in your home? Well, just to name a few ideas:
- Use a vintage classroom map as a bedroom headboard
- Compile a collage of your favorite places in various frames
- Use a classroom sized map as window coverings
- Create a large scale print for use as wallpaper
- Section one large map into various framed sections
- Turn it into art by blurring the boundaries and removing the text
- Use a simple black and white version as an accent wall
- Enlarge the text to graphically call out each country's name
Check out my Houzz ideabook called “Show me the Way - Maps” to see how other professionals have used maps in their designs.
Vintage, Modern, Classroom, Large scale, Folded version, graphically modified, all types have a time and place for use.
So tell me, what is one design idea you’ve always wanted to implement but don’t know how to?